Fancy Thai Food? Here’s a simple dish that you can try at home!
Thai Basil Chicken aka Pad Krapow
Long gone and I am finally back with a post on home cooking.
Here’s what I am about to share today!
– Thai Basil Minced Chicken –
I love basil a lot, which explains why I love this dish too! As I was searching for this recipe on Youtube, I stumbled upon this recipe by Thai Cookbook TV which is pretty easy.
Besides, this dish is so much simple than I thought and I could just cook it like every week. I’ve actually tried a few different recipes which I found on Youtube but I think I still prefer this one by Thai Cookbook TV (thumbs up)!
Although there are some slight adjustments that I made but basically just use all the ingredients mentioned and you’re 99.9% close in getting that authentic taste of Pad Krapow.
Simple, cheap and delicious!
Thai Basil Minced Chicken Recipe
Recipe credits Thai Cookbook TV
* Servings 2
* Prep Time: 10 min
* Cooking Time: 10 min
1 cup minced chicken (or pork)
1 packet of Thai basil leaves
1 cup long beans (cut into pieces)
2 cloves garlic
1-4 red chili (depends on how spicy you want it to be)
2 tbs oyster sauce
1 tsp soy sauce (I’m using Kikoman)
1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup water
How To Cook
1. Add 1 tbs of olive oil or any cooking oil and fry the eggs separately.
Tips: Cover the egg with enough oil to get that crispy edges.
2. Crush the garlic and chilies, then fry for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the minced chicken/pork and cook until it turns brown.
4. Add the cut long beans and stir fry for another 30 seconds, then add in oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar and mix well.
5. When pan gets dry, add a small amount of water to deglaze.
6. Turn off the heat and add in the washed basil leaves.
7. Stir well and remove from pan and serve with steamed rice.