Simple, quick and delicious!
No-bake Chocolate Ganache Tart
“SIMPLE”, I said! How true can it be?
Using only 4 main ingredients – biscuit, butter, cream and chocolate.
“QUICK”, I said! Will you believe me?
15 minutes is all it takes.
“DELICIOUS”, I said! Couldn’t agree more?
Of course, good-quality ingredients speak for itself.
This No-bake Chocolate Ganache Tart was introduced to me by a friend who has great love for chocolate and of all the chocolate desserts I had in my life (not trying to be exaggerating but in fact this is the one and only chocolate dessert that I fancy so), I think this is the far most delectable chocolate dessert which drives my interest into attempting to make my version of Chocolate Ganache Tart.
I tried a total of 3 versions with different crusts and toppings and also different ratio on the cream and chocolate and I found the definite winner.
3 versions I mentioned;
Version 1: 2nd RUNNER-UP
Crust – Oreo Biscuit
Toppings – Strawberry
Ratio – Cream:Chocolate (1:2)
Version 2: 1st RUNNER-UP
Crust – Oreo Biscuit
Toppings – Strawberry & Pine Nut
Ratio – Cream:Chocolate (1:1.5)
My tart tray was smaller than the usual ones selling outside so I had some remaining left and I stuffed it into my yogurt bowl which came out pretty presentable too.
Version 3: WINNER
Crust – Digestive Biscuit
Toppings – Raspberries & Blueberries & Pine Nut
Ratio – Cream:Chocolate (1:1)
YES!! The 3rd Version is definitely the WINNER and this version costed the most as all the ingredients used are the highest quality of all.
So you might ponder over the brands of ingredients used here…
I’ll list it down below together with the recipes for easier viewing.
It can all easily be bought from the local supermarket here in Malaysia and my frequent-visit supermarket is Village Grocer.
This recipe is adopted from Home Cooking Adventure and I did make some slight adjustments on the measurements and ratio for the Ganache like I mentioned above.
So if you’re keen to try out my Best Version: Version 3, I’ll put it down here for your viewing pleasure.
No-bake Chocolate Ganache Tart Recipe
*Servings 8 – 10
*Prep Time: 15 minutes
Digestive Biscuits (McVities)/Oreo Biscuits 250g
Unsalted Butter (Buttercup) 100g
Whipping Cream (Emborg) 200mL
Black Chocolate (Royce) 100g
Rum & Raisin Chocolate (Royce) 100g
Choice of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and sprinkles of pine nut
How To Make
1. Blend biscuits in a food processor and add melted butter into the blended crumbs of biscuits, then mix well.
2. Place the mixed crumbs into the tart tray and spread evenly with the back of the spoon while pressing it down to keep it compact as possible (*This is to avoid loose crumbles to come falling apart when slicing them to serve). Then, place it in the freezer while you prepare the ganache.
3. Prepare chopped chocolate. Pour the whipping cream into a small saucepan to simmer at medium-low heat and once it reaches the point before it starts to boil, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate completely dissolves.
4. Pour chocolate ganache over the crust and top with your favourite fruit toppings.
5. Refrigerate over 4 hours or overnight before serving.